We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Quality Health & Safety and Environment Manager to work for this leading UK distributor, part of a global organisation. The remit will not be confined to just these areas, but can and will expand to lean manufacturing techniques, employee health and wellbeing alongside other accreditations such as Business Continuity, GDPR and FORS.
- Develop and deliver a plan to achieve sustainability and environmental targets in line with corporate guidelines
- Support with finalising the Integrated Management System, communicating with the workforce and achieving accreditation
- Help to review and update risk assessments and subsequent action planning
- Plan and carry out Site Audits / Inspections ensuring that systems are updated with the latest information.
- Provision of proactive advice to Directors and Management on matters relating to Health, Safety & Welfare of employees
- The completion of a monthly dashboard reportable to Company Directors
- Setting up a robust Health and Safety management system and suitable KPI’s
- Carry out Accident Investigations and monitor trends
- Provide relevant training and advisory support to all departments with regard to H&S issues (Fire, First Aid, Hazards, Risk Assessments, COSHH and DSE)
- Liaise with corporate sustainability office in Stockholm to ensure the business is at the forefront of the sustainability effort
The ideal candidate:
- Experienced professional in all aspects of Sustainability solutions – particularly including Quality, H&S and Environment
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar capacity within an engineering and/or manufacturing-based industry
- Knowledge and experience of COSHH would be a distinct advantage
- A NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent
- Understanding and experience of lean manufacturing principles highly desirable
- Up-to-date knowledge of required H&S legislation
- Good communication skills (written & verbal)
- Proactive attitude to development and enhancement of the systems
- Excellent team player
Salary in the region of £40k per annum depending on experience.
When applying for this role, please confirm your availability to start.
We are a specialist engineering group with bases in Southampton, North Kent and North Yorkshire. Our activities include the supply and service of marine and industrial driveline systems, marine seals & bearings and associated products. We operate principally in the UK but have customers based throughout the world.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with excellent career opportunities, training & development, a competitive incentive package and a warm and open working environment.
If you believe you have the skills and experience required to succeed within this role, please email your covering letter and CV to email@example.com