Summer Internship - Marketing Assistant
We are looking for a dedicated and hardworking marketing undergraduate or mature student to support our busy marketing department, based out of our satellite office in Hamble, Southampton.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the ideal candidate will be studying a marketing based degree, CIM qualification, or similar area of study, and have the passion to use this opportunity to develop their marketing skills and knowledge base.
What we offer in return?
- Paid experience of working within an all-round marketing team
- The opportunity to make a project your own
- A friendly and supportive team
- Waterfront location
- Good transportation links
This is a full time temporary two month position, throughout July and August based on a 37.5 hour week, Mon-Fri, 8.30am-5.00pm. £9.00 p/h.
Main tasks & responsibilities
Working primarily on market research, identifying new leads within an existing market sector, the successful candidate will take this project and make it their own; delivering a thorough detailed analysis of the specified market.
Other duties will include:
- Website content creation
- Press release writing
- Social media engagement
- Assisting with email campaigns
- Assisting with trade event planning
- Creation of marketing literature and presentations
- Creative agency management
- Good verbal and written English skills
- Excellent communicator
- Good time management
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Basic knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, preferable but not essential
- Basic knowledge of CMS systems, in particular WordPress, desirable but not essential
- Confident and polite phone manner
- Able to make efficient use of the internet, search engines, LinkedIn, Industry listings, publications and other sources to find relevant information
We are a specialist engineering group with bases in Southampton, North Kent and North Yorkshire. Our activities include the supply and service of marine and industrial drive-line systems, marine seals & bearings and associated products. We operate principally in the UK but have customers based throughout the world.
If you believe you have the skills and experience required to succeed within this role, please email your covering letter and CV to email@example.com