Marketing and Communications Assistant
We are looking for a dedicated and hardworking marketing undergraduate/ mature student or a marketing professional looking to return to part-time work to support our busy marketing department, based out of our satellite office in Hamble, Southampton.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the ideal candidate will be studying a marketing-based degree, CIM qualification, or similar area of study, and have the passion for using this opportunity to develop their marketing skills and knowledge base.
Duties will include:
- Social media
- Assisting with digital campaigns
- Assisting with email campaigns
- Assisting with trade event planning
- Creation of marketing literature and presentations
- Website content creation
- Press release writing
- General admin duties
- Creative agency management
Who are we looking for?
- Good verbal and written English skills
- Excellent communicator
- Good time management
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Basic knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Basic knowledge of WordPress
- Confident and polite phone manner
- Experience with Mailchimp email marketing
- Knowledge of social media scheduling tools
- Able to make efficient use of the internet, search engines, LinkedIn, Industry listings, publications and other sources to find relevant information
What do we offer in return?
- Paid experience of working within an all-round marketing team
- A friendly and supportive team
- Waterfront location
- Good transportation links
- 6.4 days annual leave (pro-rata)
A part-time position, 7.5 hours a week, either one full day or two half days with overtime optional throughout term breaks or when workload should require. £9.00 p/h.
We are a specialist engineering group with bases in Southampton, North Kent and North Yorkshire. Our activities include the supply and service of marine and industrial driveline systems, marine seals & bearings and associated products. We operate principally in the UK but have customers based throughout the world.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with excellent career opportunities, training & development, a competitive incentive package and a warm and open working environment.
If you believe you have the skills and experience required to succeed within this role, please email your covering letter and CV to email@example.com