Industrial Sales Engineer
We are looking for a Sales Engineer to join our dynamic sales team. We are an incredibly entrepreneurial business working with leading international driveline brands that can offer long-term value-add solutions to several industry sectors.
We are looking to speak to individuals with a strong background in selling technical solutions in an industrial environment. Candidates should have an entrepreneurial mindset and question and understand customer needs to introduce a long-term solution that will benefit the customer and the business.
The role will present an exciting challenge to build on the company’s products and service presence in the industrial sector. The position plays a crucial role in helping the company achieve an ambitious multi-year growth target offering established and emerging hybrid and electrical technologies.
The role can be home-based, or located from one of our offices in Kent, Yorkshire or Southampton, and will include extensive travel within the UK and Ireland.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Our Sales Engineers’ purpose is to grow revenue through sales of driveline systems, related products and service by providing superior technical support to our existing and prospective customers.
Our customers are in the marine, construction, mining, recycling, OPG, specialist vehicles and utility sectors. A successful member of our team must have excellent engineering, communication, commercial and organisational skills.
This position is, in summary, a commercially focused mechanical/electrical engineer, spending the majority of their time customer-facing.
- Location; Home or office based (location flexible)
- Attractive base salary
- Commission based on profitable sales and performance
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- Company pension and 24 days holiday (exc public holidays)
MAIN TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the targeted growth of the industrial sales portfolio.
- Proactive outbound and reactive inbound call activity as required to meet monthly sales targets.
- Development of new business opportunities through prospecting, nurturing and meetings with clients as required.
- Evaluate customer requirements ensuring that the company can satisfy customer needs – specifically in terms of application, product, service and pricing.
- Identify risks and opportunities related to new customers and partners.
- Develop proposals to exceed customer requirements and expectations, including specifications, drawings and schedules etc., for all products and services.
- To provide clear, comprehensive information that fully conveys the design requirements.
- Extensive travel time to meet clients and partners, with occasional overseas visits – meaning there will be time spent away from home.
- Work closely with our partners, internal sales, marketing and engineering teams.
- Attendance at relevant sales engineering meetings to ensure that all relevant information from an assigned area is available. To include customer visit reports, order prospect reports, technical proposals, competitor activity reports, forecasts and other required documentation.
- Attending and or participating in trade shows, conferences and other marketing events.
- Participate in and actively support company initiatives.
- Work to a CRM and ERP system.
- Attend training to develop skills and knowledge and positively contribute towards business development.
- All other duties as relevant to the post.
- Proven sales, prospecting and customer-facing experience in a similar position and market.
- Preferable Mechanical/Electrical Engineering qualification to at least HNC level, with aspirations towards obtaining professional qualifications, membership status.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to solve business problems in collaboration with peers in customers, suppliers, internal sales, after service, marketing and engineering.
- Ability to communicate technical engineering information clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Computer literate with experience in Auto CAD, MS Office and CRM/ERP systems.
- Numeracy and literacy are a prerequisite.
- Driving licence valid in the UK.
- Results-driven, strong work ethic, competitive drive with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Team player who can handle strong characters within a demanding environment.
MIT is backed by industry-leading and established OEM driveline manufacturers, sitting within the Driveline Solutions division of Axel Johnson International AB.
We are a specialist engineering group with bases in Southampton, North Kent and North Yorkshire. Our activities include the supply and service of marine and industrial driveline systems, marine seals & bearings and associated products. We operate principally in the UK but have customers based throughout the world.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with excellent career opportunities, training & development, a competitive incentive package and a warm and open working environment.
If you believe you have the skills and experience required to succeed within this role, please email your covering letter and CV to email@example.com