Customer Service Procurement Specialist
We are looking for a Customer Service Procurement Specialist to join our team in Queenborough, Kent.
- Monitor stock levels and identify purchasing needs across the business
- Update internal systems with order details (dates, vendors, quantities, discounts)
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery
- Maintain product data based on supplier information
- Follow up with suppliers, as needed, to confirm or change orders
- Research potential vendors
- Liaise with warehouse staff to ensure all products arrive in good condition
- Work closely with our partners, external sales, applications, and engineering teams.
- Participate in and actively support company initiatives.
- Utilisation of the companies Opera CRM and ERP system.
- All other duties as relevant to the post.
- Experience as a Purchasing Assistant, Purchasing Offices or similar.
- Good understanding of the supply chain procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to solve business problems in collaboration with peers in customers, suppliers, and internal teams.
- Friendly and professional telephone manner
- Excellent Organisational Skills
- Ability to quickly understand customer requirements to allow effective management of their needs.
- Computer literate with experience in MS Office and CRM/ERP systems.
- Results driven, strong work ethic, competitive drive, team player with entrepreneurial spirit.
- Communication skills – Telephone, interpersonal etc
- Strong literacy and numerical ability
- Customer service skills
- Cultural awareness
- Organisation skills
- Relationship management skills
- Ability to act independently
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
- Attention to detail
MIT is backed by industry-leading and established OEM driveline manufacturers, sitting within the Driveline Solutions division of Axel Johnson International AB.
We are a specialist engineering group with bases in Southampton, North Kent and North Yorkshire. Our activities include the supply and service of marine and industrial driveline systems, marine seals & bearings and associated products. We operate principally in the UK but have customers based throughout the world.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with excellent career opportunities, training & development, a competitive incentive package and a warm and open working environment.
If you believe you have the skills and experience required to succeed within this role, please email your covering letter and CV to email@example.com