Kent and Hampshire
f you want to make a difference in developing sustainable drivelines for an emission-free propulsion future then read on and apply for this exciting role.
We are looking for a talented Applications Engineer to join our innovative Technical Team based at either our Kent or Hampshire offices. There will be limited travel required for this role too.
The Application Engineering function provides a link between the MIT Sales and Technical teams, external customers and our partners and suppliers.
Sales and customer enquiries can often extend beyond a list of standard parts or equipment. In these cases, it is important that the enquiry is fully captured from a technical perspective and that it is matched to a suitable proposal supported by our partners. This role requires engagement with customer contacts and our Sales Engineers to confirm requirements and compose a suitable offer.
Key indicators for the role will include timely and accurate response to enquiries, excellent attention to detail and management of enquiries through the applications process to customer delivery.
- Maintain accurate records of technical sales enquiries and responses
- Understand customer needs to fully define deliverable technical specification
- Match specification to standard equipment and/or liaise as required with internal and external stakeholders to confirm suitable equipment
- Ensure technical requirements within manufacturer parameters (or otherwise underwritten)
- Perform basic hand calculations as required to confirm application requirements
- Compose technical offers
- Communicate offer with sales team and customer contacts as required
- Assist in field deployment and oversee commissioning in first of class installations
- Support emerging aftersales activity with Service and Partner interface.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Engineering / Technical master’s degree or equivalent level qualifications and experience.
- 3D CAD model and drafting skills to create assemblies, GA drawings and check interfaces.
- Able to interpret technical drawings and perform basic hand engineering calculations.
- Confident engaging technically with customers by phone, email or in person.
- Fluent in spoken English with a high level of clear and accurate written communication.
- Efficient and capable user of Microsoft Office packages (Outlook, Excel, Word etc.)
- Engineering or hands-on experience in any of: drivelines, hydraulics, rotating equipment, machinery, electric motors, drives, bearings, seals, compressors, battery technology, instrumentation, datalogging and ancillary equipment.
- Previous involvement with delivery or management of technical projects including a range of equipment.
- Previous experience within sales, application engineering or customer support
- Understanding of marine classification society rules and Maritime and Coastguard Agency codes and relevant machinery, off-highway and technical standards.
- Interest and experience in electric and hybrid propulsion system development
We are a specialist engineering group with bases in Southampton, North Kent and North Yorkshire. Our activities include the supply and service of marine and industrial driveline systems, marine seals & bearings and associated products. We operate principally in the UK but have customers based throughout the world.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with excellent career opportunities, training & development, a competitive incentive package and a warm and open working environment.
If you believe you have the skills and experience required to succeed within this role, please email your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org