Field Sales Engineer - Mechanical/Electrical
Home based – UK travel – OTE £35k – Company car or car allowance – 24 days holiday – mobile, laptop, etc
We are looking for a Sales Engineer to join our dynamic sales team. We are an incredibly entrepreneurial business that works with leading international drive-line brands that can offer long-term value-add solutions to a number of industry sectors.
We are looking to speak to individuals with a strong background selling technical solutions into an industrial environment, with an entrepreneurial mindset able to really question and understand customer needs in order to introduce a long-term solution that will have benefits to the customer and the business.
The role will present an exciting challenge to build the companies products and service presence into new markets, playing a key role in helping the company achieve an ambitious multi-year growth target.
The role will be home based and will include extensive travel within the UK.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Our Sales Engineers’ purpose is to grow revenue through sales of drive line systems, related products and service by providing superior technical support to our existing and prospective customers. Our customers are in the marine, construction, mining, recycling, OPG, specialist vehicles and utility sectors. A successful member of our team must have experience and excellent engineering, communication, commercial and organisational skills.
This position is, in summary, a commercially focused mechanical/electrical engineer, spending the majority of their time customer facing.
- Location; Home Based (location flexible)
- OTE £35,000 + Company Car / Car Allowance
- Bonus based on Sales and Performance
- Company pension & 24 days holiday (exc public holidays)
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the targeted growth of industrial sales portfolio.
- Proactive outbound and reactive inbound call activity as required to meet monthly sales targets.
- Development of new business opportunities through prospecting, nurturing and meetings with clients as required.
- Evaluation of customer requirements to ensure that the company is able to satisfy customer needs in terms of application, product, service and pricing.
- Identify risks and opportunities related to new customers and partners.
- Development of proposals to exceed customer requirements and expectations, including detailed specifications, drawings and schedules etc. for all products and services.
- To provide clear, comprehensive information that fully conveys the design requirements.
- Extensive travel time to meet clients and partners, with occasional overseas visits. This means that there will be time spent away from home.
- Work closely with our partners, internal sales, marketing and engineering teams.
- Attendance at relevant sales engineering meetings and ensure that all relevant information from an assigned area is available, including customer visit reports, order prospect reports, technical proposals, competitor activity reports, forecasts and other required documentation.
- Attending and/or participating in trade shows, conferences and other marketing events.
- Participate in and actively support company initiatives.
- Work to an Opera CRM and ERP system.
- Attend training to develop skills and knowledge and positively contribute to business development.
- All other duties as relevant to the post.
- Proven sales, prospecting and customer facing experience in a similar position and market.
- Preferable Mechanical/Electrical Engineering qualification to at least HNC level, with aspirations towards obtaining professional qualifications, membership status.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to solve business problems in collaboration with peers in customers, suppliers, internal sales, after service, marketing and engineering.
- Ability to communicate technical engineering information clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Computer literate with experience in Auto CAD, MS Office and CRM/ERP systems.
- Numeracy and literacy are a prerequisite.
- Driving licence valid in the UK.
- Results driven, strong work ethic, competitive drive with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Team player who can handle strong characters within a demanding environment.
We are a specialist engineering group with bases in Southampton, North Kent and North Yorkshire. Our activities include the supply and service of marine and industrial driveline systems, marine seals & bearings and associated products. We operate principally in the UK but have customers based throughout the world.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with excellent career opportunities, training & development, a competitive incentive package and a warm and open working environment.
If you believe you have the skills and experience required to succeed within this role, please email your covering letter and CV to email@example.com